Tuesday, May 01, 2007

LCD Soundsystem

I saw LCD Soundsystem (more here) at the Fillmore back in 2005 when I had no idea who they were and my roommate at the time had an extra ticket. I was blown away by their disco-electronica with the ironic lyrics.

So when I found out they were coming through town again, I actually shelled out $60 a pop to a scalper to see them last night at Mezzanine. And it was worth every penny. I haven't danced that much at a show since...well...prolly the last time they were in town. If you get the chance, I highly recommend seeing them live.

Here is one of my faves off of the new album. It's somewhat reminiscent of Blue Monday, if you ask me. (no actual video, just the song). I had this on repeat when I first got the album, but after hearing it live, it's back up on the itunes a few times a day.


And here is one of the songs off of their first album that got me truly hooked.


Sorry I don't have any pics from the show. They usually don't allow cameras, but it seemed like everyone last night had one. Except me. My friend got a few on her phone though, so if they're worth it, I'll post them later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for good text!