Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hot Lesbian on Lesbian Action

That should get this blog some hits. Sorry guys/gals.

Three people from the isle of Lesbos have filed a lawsuit to deprive a Greek gay rights group from using the word "lesbian" in its name. The plaintiffs complain that people from Lesbos (called Lesbians) have had their identity stolen by women who like other women have no connection with the island. (FULL ARTICLE FROM SFGATE HERE).

I don't really understand what the Lesbian plaintiffs hope to accomplish. Don't get me wrong. I live in San Francisco. People assume I'm gay when I tell them where I live, so I totally empathize.

But say they win the case. One group in Greece will no longer be able to use the word in it's name. What about the rest of the world. I think the jury came back on this a long time ago.

No comments: