Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Pick-Up Artist: Episode...uh...I don't know....the one with the strippers

In this week's episode, Mystery sends the three remaining boys to a strip club in an attempt to pick up on strippers.

While I've always found this show bordering on the inappropriate, I think this crosses the line. When I put on my "dude" helmet, I understand the logic here. Strippers are like asymptotes. You can get really close to them, but you can never touch them. They are unattainable. They have probably seen every trick in the book.

BUT, these are also women who do this for a living. This is their job. How they feed themselves is by taking off their clothes. Regardless what you think of this, I think it is really disrespectful to walk in here and do as Mystery said "Keep your money in your pockets." That's why the women are here, to make money, not to deal with your cheap ass. Ugh. Ok, I'm really done with this show now.

5 comments:

A. Marigold said...

With only one episode to go until the king of the dorks is crowned? You know you're not done.

the default attorney said...

Wow, you know me so well, it's a little weird.

whichever.whatever said...

wow. I have never heard a more true, yet impossibly dorky simile to strippers as the asymptote. niiiiice.

Nomadic said...

Yeah, that was pretty sad.

Jeffrey said...

hahaha, you sound more frustrated than the guys on the show.